I had a different topic planned this week. I wanted to talk about something different all together. But then I had a moment that just knocked the wind out of me. A realization that I had put myself in a rut and I had been doing it for a while.
And it was time to change.
- Confession time. I love Tuesday. It’s the unsung hero of the workweek.
- Want to make a HUGE impact on my life? Rate and review the podcast! Click here to rate and review. Once you get to the site, click “view in iTunes.” I’ll love you forever.
- Despite constantly preaching to do what lights you up, I found myself in this rut of going through the motions despite it no longer serving me. I had absorbed a lie about what it means to reach success.
- There are no rules in business. But we do this thing where we observe others and their success and determine that what they’re doing must be the key to success. So we take it on as a rule. And we apply it, even if it doesn’t serve us fully.
- We often have a lot of things shoved in our faces that appear as though they ARE rules. The “don’t post another photo until you read this!” or the articles saying “Are you making this ugly marketing mistake?” And while there is merit to some of these guidelines, that’s all they are. Guidelines.
- “Rules” and guidelines are okay to follow as long as they aren’t negatively impacting you or your business. If you’re doing something that isn’t positively helping you, let it go. It doesn’t matter what the experts say!
- Want a simple truth? The most successful people, both financially and personally, are rule breakers. And you’re a changemaker. You can absolutely break through those rules to create your own!